Crear Futuros Program
CREAR Futuros provides first-year Latino students with exceptional opportunities for educational and professional development, leadership, wellness and growth. The program focuses on student achievement and success while building a strong community. The benefits include:
- Membership to a prestigious national program.
- Professional development internships and opportunities.
- Access to Hispanic leaders in both public and private sectors.
- Support from trained and accomplished student peer-mentors.
- Free one-on-one tutoring and access to free social support services and referrals.
- Connections to events, activities, workshops and student organizations.
- Community building with a network of 14 mentors and 280 mentees.
- Exclusive outings.
By choosing to be a part of the one-year program, participants will be embark on a journey of personal development and academic success. CREAR Futuros mentees are expected to:
Attend an exclusive “CREAR Kick-Off Celebration”
- Engage in weekly communication with their own personal mentor.
- Participate in an interactive weekly learning community.
- Attend at least two community building events per semester with other CUNY campuses: (The City College of New York, John Jay College, and Lehman College)
- Participate in campus activities and workshops that will provide academic and professional development.
For more information, contact Jenny Mayorga, Peer Programs Coordinator at: 718-482-5139; Email Peer Programs at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Visit the Office of Student Services located in C-249.