COLLEGE OPPORTUNITY TO PREPARE FOR EMPLOYMENT (COPE)
COPE Program is funded by and operated in collaboration with the Family Independence Administration of City of New York Human Resource Administration (HRA). Services are available to anyone who is a current or former CUNY student or applicant, and who is receiving public assistance cash benefits (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, Safety Net Family Assistance, Safety Net Single Assistance).
COPE offers a variety of services that help students meet college degree goals and HRA requirements so that they can graduate and get jobs that will lead to long-term economic self-sufficiency.
- Assistance with completing HRA forms (School Letter) for carfare and childcare needs
- Informational mailings and seminars to keep students informed of public assistance requirements
- Referrals to other agencies as needed
- Referrals to work-study, internships and work experience
- Personal counseling preparing for HRA appointments and meeting workfare requirements without interfering with their class schedule
Job placement services include:
- Assistance with resume writing and interview preparation
- Full or part time job openings in a wide variety of fields
- Individual and group counseling
- Dress for success outfits, metro card incentives, workshops and seminars
- Job preparation, placement and follow up
COPE ALSO OFFERS:
The Graduation Success Initiative (GSI). GSI is a year-long, structured academic and personal support program designed to help motivated public assistance’ students graduate within one year. GSI enables students on public assistance to devote more time to their studies and focus on the academic and professional skills that will effectively prepare them for a competitive workforce.
For more information please visit: http://www.cuny.edu/gsi
For more information please visit the COPE office located in MB-13 or visit: http://www.cuny.edu/cope