A Fork In the Road: Going back to school full-time 

Looking back, I value what I have learned at previous jobs and from the bachelors degree I earned 12 years ago. However, after re-examining my goals, I knew that working in occupational therapy would be the next step in my career. I've always been interested in fitness and science. As a salesperson in Manhattan, I worked on strengthening my communication skills and keeping up to date with new technology. However, working as an OT would provide me with more opportunities to connect with people in my work and be a help to humanity. Helping people develop the skills to manage illness and get through rehabilition in the clinical setting is a much better reward than any commission check.

I run about 20 miles a week and have finished many timed races organized by the New York Road Runners on city street and in city parks.  I enjoy swimming and painting still life. Staying fit and eating healthy has always been important to me.  I hope I can help my clients develop their own methods to maintain and improve their well-being.