Introduction

My name is Angela Roque, I was born and raised in Brooklyn New York, and currently I am a full time student at LaGuardia Community College. The major I have decided to study is Childhood Education. The four year college I am hoping to attend once I finish LaGuardia is Queens or Hunter College. My end academic goal is to have a master’s degree in the field of Early Childhood Education, and be able to acquire a job within an elementary school. I plan to achieve this goal by continuing with school and then getting a job that works with children. In five years I hope to see myself working within an elementary as a teacher for a grade that is second grade or lower.  

I have also worked in a Summer Pre-School Center with the responsibility of assisting a child with a physical impairment. Being in this environment helped me to see how a school functioned and I was able to keep my full attention on the one child I had been working with. Another experience that I have is that I have worked in a Dance Studio as an assistant. This experience helped to me to understand how children interact creatively.

Some computer skills that I have are; Photo-Shop, Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel. I have an extensive knowledge of music since I have played piano for over ten years. This skill will come in handy because it is a skill that takes a lot of patience and understanding for concepts that might not be understood the first time around. I am also knowledgeable about dance and I have studied tap dance for nine years. This skill enables me to not only understand an art form but also be able to better the creative process.  

“But then, shall I never get any older than I am now? That'll be a comfort, one way -- never to be an old woman -- but then -- always to have lessons to learn!”       -Alice in Wonderland 

This quote is one of my favorites because it questions reality and the future. It questions the reality of a situation and yet still says that even though it questions age it still says that no matter what there are still things to learn.

I would like visitors look at the different areas of my e-portfolio to gain insight and information on what it is that I have learned so far, and the goals in which I have set for myself. Within the site you will be able to see the classes in which I have taken and my reflection of the classes and my e-portfolio. You will be able to view my resume and get an understanding of the internships I have taken part of.

To view my resume please click here

To view my Scholars E-portfolio reflection please click here