Hello, and welcome to my ePortfolio.  My name is Bunthoeun Choeung, indeed it does consist of a plethora of vowels which is derived from my South East Asian roots.

Being a first generation immigrant has its pros and cons.  My siblings and I grew up with parents who believed in keeping us busy, we were always up to something.  I think part of it was because my parents just wanted us rowdy boys out of their hair but nonetheless we were exposed to a lot. 

When summer vacation rolled around my father thought it was a clever idea to sign me up as a student aid.  Here I was in 3rd grade assisting a class full of 2nd graders.  Don’t get me wrong, now I see it as a valuable experience that really helped to excel my English.  But during the time I caught myself gazing out the window pondering what all the other children were up to on their break.

Shortly after attending community college in California, I felt it was time for new prospects.  I was accepted into the Fashion Institute of technology in New York; I flew the coop from East coast to West coast with 3 suitcases in tow.  I had little knowledge of New York and I only knew one person prior to my relocation.  Soon, began a chapter in my life dubbed My New York Journey.

I worked in the Fashion Design field for many years, but I always knew I would be back in school to pursue a master’s degree in the health field.  Currently I am taking prerequisite courses at LaGuardia Community College, thereafter I will continuing my education in Occupational Therapy.  I’ve met many wonderful peers; built relationships with trusted professors and I’ve involved myself with as many resources as I can get my hands on at LaGuardia.

Here in my ePortfolio you will discover more about what makes me tick, enjoy!