LaGuardia Community College, Long Island City, NY, Major: Business Administration
- Relevant courses: Introduction to Business, Principles of Accounting I and II, Business Law, Introduction to Management, Communications in a Professional Setting, Introduction to Information Systems, Statistics, Pre-calculus, Calculus, Principle of Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, People, Work and Organizations, Introduction to Philosophy, Urban Sociology.
- GPA 4.00 , Candidate for an Associate in Science Degree, June 2014
- Awards: Dean’s List, CUNY’s International Student Award of Excellence, e-Portfolio Scholar Award 2013.
- Member of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society and LaGuardia’s Honor Student Advisory Committee
- Active member of LaGuardia’s United Nation Model Student Club, tackling UNICEF’s challenge “Fulfilling the Promise”, and delegate member for the National Model United Nation conference in Washington 2013.
- Member of International Young Leaders Assembly.
MetLife, Legal Affairs Department, Administrative Assistant, Manhattan, NY 12/2013- Present
- Update print materials and research specific topics in order to assist attorneys with legal matters.
- Process Invoices, create cover letters, schedule meetings and secure conference room.
- Perform administrative duties, including scanning, copying, filling, faxing, and mailing.
LaGuardia Community College, Academic Peer Instruction Program, Accounting Tutor, NY, 9/2013 – 12/10/2013
- Audited the targeted class, consulted with the professor on topics needed to be emphasized.
- Planed the tutoring session, prepared review sheets, practice quizzes or handouts with exercises.
- Organized the sessions using group learning while promoting active problem solving.
LaGuardia Business Office, Accounts Payable and Budget, Volunteer, Long Island City, NY, 9/2012 – 12/2012
- Analyzed previous records in order to provide accurate financial information.
- Located invoices and monitored the payments made to vendors and clients.
- Performed other administrative tasks and entered information for payroll records into system.
Toys “R” Us, Sales Team Member, Rego Park, NY, 8/2010 - 3/2011
- Interacted heavily with customers on sales floor, at cash register and customer service.
- Assisted in maintaining a well-stocked and neat store appearance.
- Worked in multiple departments to help the store team to achieve daily results.
- Personal: Strong Communication Skills, Detailed Oriented, Active Listener, Ability to Lead and Motivate Others
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
- Languages: English and Romanian, fluent
- MetLife training courses: Privacy and Information Security Best Practices, Preventing Fraud in the Insurance Industry, Global Anti-Money Laundering for Life Insurance Companies, Understanding Records and Information Management
- Model UN Workshop, United Nation Headquarters
- Carnival Cruise Line Courses: Food and Beverage College, Crowd Management Course
- SMS Maritime Institute Romania Courses: Personal Survival Techniques, Elementary First Aid, Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities