ePortfolio scholars Program - Spring 2013-Reflection

Taking part in ePortfolio Scholars Program was a great experience and I am very grateful that I was chosen to be one of participants. I started developing my ePortfolio during the BTC 200 class, where I tried my best to create a well-developed ePortfolio, carefully going through every page, aiming to showcase my best projects and to share my professional goals.

While I was quite happy with the results, I knew I could further improve my ePortfolio, and I was planning to continue to work on it as I complete more courses. Therefore, I was very excited to receive the invitation to participate in ePortfolio Scholars project, because it offers me a chance to learn new technical skills that will help me perfect my presentation.

During this program, the instructors helped me to critically evaluate and revise the existent content of my ePortfolio and to reorganize it in a more sophisticated way. I was trained to use a variety of digital technology, including web design tools such as CSS color codes and Adobe Photoshop.  I learned about copyright protection, and I created an account on Dropbox, the cloud storage website which allows us to store photos, documents and videos and easily share them from anywhere. I also joined LinkedIn, the professional network which can be extremely useful when looking for a job or when trying to get advice from experts.

Therefore, while attending the ePortfolio Scholar Program, not only was I able to develop an ePortfolio that I am proud to share with other students, faculty members, prospective employers and friends, but I also expanded my knowledge and developed technical skills that I can use in the future. My ePortfolio could always be an extension of my resume when applying for internship positions, jobs, scholarshipsor transfer to a senior college.

Many thanks to all the organizers and supporters of the ePortfolio Scholars and special thanks to my awesome instructors, Oscar Cortez and Pavlo Avila for the great support and guidance accorded throughout the duration of this program.