Introduction

Hi I am David Hastings Range and welcome to my page at LaGuardia Community College. I hope that here as well as in person that you’ll learn a little about me, who I am and what I can do or even better what I can contribute to your organization based on my Business skills learned here at LaGuardia Community College and my past work and life experiences.

I am a Business Management major here in LaGuardia Community College; I have achieved a 3.6 GPA and have become a member of PHI THETA KAPPA honor society and I earned a position on the Fall I 2012 Dean’s list. I have studied and enjoyed Introduction to Business, Business Law, Marketing and I am currently learning Management, Accounting and People, Work and Organizations all of which will provide me with more skills relevant to success in any organization that will utilize my unique set of skills and personality in a way.

ABOUT ME:

I am a former Helpdesk Analyst who has spent most of my life supporting various computer networks and applications with a heavy emphasis on cost cutting and customer service according to organizational protocols. I am a native New Yorker, active member of my church. I am an animal lover and a people person, I have enjoyed Vee Arnis Jitsu and I love to travel by train especially Amtrack. I have a few really good and loyal friends and a supportive loving family. I enjoy all cultures and I am fluent in Spanish.

I am completing my A.A.S degree in Business Management here at LaGuardia Community College. I plan to continue my education to the Masters degree level while pursuing a new career in Transportation with the MTA in NYC using my past skills and new business skills I'll focus on the public relations aspects in the MTA. I have strong interest in E-Business and look forward to starting a service company is the very near future.

I am the best candidate for this (Business Services) position in that I have 20 years of experience in a PC / Help Desk / Network support environments in short, technical customer service. I have vast experience in dealing with internal as well as external clients / customers in various levels of needed support from trouble shooting a major outage, all the way to tracing missing parts to resolving monies  that have fallen in to suspense accounts. I can tell you 20 years worth of stories but, the truth is in  Customer Service it a natural function to be helpful and determined to always resolve the concerns of our clients / customers in a fair and honest way according to guidelines . I am including a snapshot of my function as a Help Desk analyst at Bear Stearns to give you an indication of my abilities and skills.

I  Managed, Coordinated and dispatched level-3 technical support to Trading floors, Investment Banking, Private Client Services, and Corporate clients via Remedy ARS Helpdesk system. Provided immediate response, support, resolution and follow up to internal clients, Senior Managing Directors, Managing Directors for all hardware, Software, connectivity, network issues and Customized support as required. Heavy phone support for internal and external Domestic and International users of the Bear Stearns proprietary products and back office systems. Identify, resolve or pursue resolution to completion a user s workstation configuration issue, browser, Connectivity, and application issues. Identify and Escalate failure of critical

processes and perform Outage notifications to appropriate Officers of the firm and Business Units contacts, ability to interact with clients, customers, business Units, peer silos and Exchanges in a professional manner. I am quite proud of my performance at Bear Stearns but, the bottom line in Customer Service is that you have to be a people person. 

I am an active member of my church ChristTabernacle in Glendale, Queens New York and utilize my excellent people skills in several capacities there Church Relations team, Guest Services Representatives team including a Billy Graham crusade, a Misfit’s NYC special events and a host of people intensive activities. I love dogs, speak Spanish to an intermediate level, I have practiced VeeArnisJitsu and I am currently search for a good school to learn Kali or Escrima in the NYC area. I am a car guy and a family oriented man and a dog lover.