My name is Palwinder Kaur and I was born in India.  I am a LaGuardia student and my major is childhood education. I stayed and went to school in India, for about six years. In year 2000, I moved to United States with my family, went to school in Wisconsin for one year, and then finished all of my high school in Michigan. I graduated from high school in 2006, and went to Glens Oaks Community College, but had to transfer to different college since my family decided to move back in Wisconsin. I went to Madison Area Technical College (MATC) for a year and half high school and MATC were best moments in my life. Not only it was fun time going to school with my friends and learn, but I was also able to work with children in elementary schools, experience the joy of being a teacher and also was awarded with scholarships and certificates from the teachers I volunteered. I had gotten so much love and appreciation from the children and teachers which I cannot forget till today. I have wanted to be a teacher since I started school from day one of my life. At first, my family was against my decision and wanted me to be in the medical field. I convinced them when I showed them how passionate I am to be an elementary teacher. Children in the early ages, seek for attention, love and care, which I want to do that by being a teacher. I love children, especially when their young innocent faces always look up to their teachers, asks their teachers "why" and "how" questions; when children know their answers and they have learned something, the surprise and happiness they feel, that's what I adore about children. Of course, I can say that because my daughter who is always experimenting to find an answer. I got married and moved to New York in the year of 2008. My lovely husband and my beautiful daughter came into my life, both of whom motivate me so much to be a teacher.

Whenever I get the chance to work with the children, I work with them as my own children, not work with them like it is a job or anything. It is my own decision to be a teacher because I want to share my knowledge with the children, so they learn to think for themselves; also share love and care, so they feel protected to work with someone who they never seen. For this, we teachers have to work hard. But also understand what the child wants to gain and feel. When the child feels comfortable in that environment, then teachers should concentrate to make sure that child is learning. I still remember their young faces, when I was done volunteering, they would all come and hug and tell me, "We will miss you Ms. PK"; teachers and children wanted me to come back, till today I miss them and bring tears in my eyes. I know I have went through many struggles in my life, but I never give up. Like someone said, "No Pain, No Gain", that is my motto in life. No one can stop me from being a teacher, and even the day I become a teacher, it does not mean all of goals are achieved, but I have to work even harder to build that trust for children and make them learn to think on their own. When all of this happen, I can proudly say that I have achieved my goals and I am proud to be an elementary teacher.

Please click here to view your resume