Credit to:  http://eirhon.com/personal/my-5-blogging-goals-for-2011-and-my-pagerank-update                                      Goals

In my future my skills, interests, and personality will determine the job and career I will take part in. Over the last four weeks, I have taken my time to expander my knowledge in several career fields. Furthermore, with the help of my professor and a few career exercises, I have found the help, I need to choose the right career the fit my skill and personality. This paper will describe the career field, I am interesting in. The responsible, and task involves in it.  The career I am interested in is Computers Engineer. According to Occupation Outlook HandBook at www.bls.gov....htm “Computer systems software engineers coordinate the construction, maintenance, and expansion of an organization's computer systems. Working with the organization, they coordinate each department's computer needs—ordering, inventory, billing, and payroll recordkeeping, for example—and make suggestions about its technical direction. They also might set up the organization's intranets—networks that link computers within the organization and ease communication among various departments. Often, they are also responsible for the design and implementation of system security and data assurance.”

Also according to Google at http://www.exforsys.com/career-center/career-tracks/duties-of-a-computer-engineer.html “A computer engineer has many specific duties relative to his/her job. One such duty is that the computer engineer must perform research regarding the computer operating systems. This relates not only to the current operating systems which the computer engineer works with but new concepts as well. The computer engineer will perform a wide array of research in relation to operating systems as a whole. Another specific duty of a computer engineer is to maintain current operating systems within their job field. This entails checking the systems periodically to ensure that they are working correctly, monitoring their work consistency and fixing any problems that may arise in conjunction with the operating systems. The computer engineer is also responsible for maintaining contact with a large number of individuals. Pertinent people include customers, project managers and other company employees. The contact is important as it keeps everyone in the loop with regard to the various operating systems and provides the computer engineer with feedback, whether it is of the good or bad variety.”

However, just from simple observation, I have discovered that in order for me to be a computer engineer I need to have some educational level. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook at  http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos303.htm a computer engineer need to have “A bachelor's degree commonly is required for software engineering jobs, although a master’s degree is preferred for some positions. A bachelor’s degree also is required for many computer programming jobs, although a 2-year degree or certificate may be adequate in some cases. Employers favor applicants who already have relevant skills and experience. Workers who keep up to date with the latest technology usually have good opportunities for advancement.”  From all above degrees I need to have.  at the present time I am working in obtaining  my a AAS degree.

Although, I want to be a computer engineer, I still have a long but very long educational path to walk.  In order for me to be a computer engineer, I still need to expand my knowledge in some computer languages, like c++ and assembly languages. Furthermore, my educational background is not as update to be a computer engineer. According to http://education-portal.com/what_education_is_required_of_a_computer_engineer.html “Interning under the supervision of an experienced computer engineering professional is the best way to learn all of the skills and technical applications needed to be a computer engineer. Many internship programs may be available for college credit in any given major. Internships offer hands-on experience to otherwise experienced amateurs in the field. Most employers will not hire a computer engineer who does not have some relevant experience.”  

Nowadays, there are several internships out there for computer engineers. One, in particular, internship I am very interest in, is the New York Police Department internship. I believe that by doing this internship in NYPD, I will get some knowledge in a security system network. Furthermore, I believe that I will get some approach to the organization I want to work in the future (FBI)

My career has constantly been important to me because it is the path of my success. This is why I always like to plan ahead or to try to see myself six years henceforth.  I believe that in two years more I will obtain my Bachelor of Sciences Degree and if everything goes the way I plan, after that I will spend two years more doing my Master of Science. Moreover, after spending four years building my educational life, I will apply to work as a computer programmer for the FBI. I strongly believe in myself, and that it’s why I can write now, that in six years I will be working for the FBI.

There are several professional associations related to major. However, there are two, in particular, I believe are the best for me. First, http://www.cra.org/ this organization will help me to understand better computer languages; also I will be involved with people with the same major as me. In additional, I will have some knowledge about Microsoft Research and Mitsubishi Electric Research Labs.

Second, http://www.napusa.org/ If I become a member on this organization, I believe that I will get a great knowledge on c++ language. In additional, as a student the National Association of Programmer will obtain knowledge on the competitive edge in today’s fast paced, ever changing computer industry.

In short, my skill and my personality it will be the main key to open the door I need in order to be successful in my future career.