Gail Moses, last of eight siblings, five brothers and two sisters. Originally from Trinidad and Tobago and born on December twenty fifth. Last education level was up to high school back in the early nineties, until she migrated to United States in the year two thousand. Arriving into the U.S and living with her parents in Brooklyn was a breath of fresh air, but also a sacrifice to excel in life.

Moses, joined an agency seeking employment and landed a childcare job to support her two kids back in Trinidad with her sister. After working many years in childcare, she then advanced herself and took a baby nursing and childcare course earning a certificate. However, she began doing baby nursing which consists of caring for newborn babies and mothers at their home. Although she had love for the job, Moses wanted more. She had a job, but wanted a “Career”. That’s when she decided to continue her education, lacking the knowledge of American level of education which was new to her. She had a strong will and went toward getting a career.

In 2008, she enrolled into La Guardia Community College for a major in Physical Therapy. The SAT was a little challenging and required remedial math and writing to go further. It was hard being an immigrant and attending school, because it was very expensive. Supporting her kids and paying international tuition was very hard, which caused her to stop schooling until she was qualified for financial aid.

After seven years, Moses had her three kids now living with her and returned to La Guardia College in 2015 as an American citizen and was qualified for financial aid. Leaving her job to attend school full time was a huge sacrifice, but she knew it was well worthwhile. Sadly, her mother passed away that same year and Moses made a promise to dedicate her degree to her mother. Nevertheless, she took on the journey and had some triumph that causes a change in heart. She made a change in major and decided to take up Human Services and is happier with the switch, obtaining A’s and B’s grade as she pursues her educational journey. Her remedy for school stress is, always remember the first day you attended LaGuardia College and ask yourself why?

About Me 

My name is Gail Moses, last of eight siblings and I live in Brooklyn, but I'm originally from Trinidad. My hobbies is travelling, spending time with my three kids and caring for others in need. My past job was childcare, which I recently stopped to attend school full time. I'm attending La Guardia Community College  into my second semester and my major is Pysical Therapy Assistant. Hopefully one day I will be in a career helping others to heal. I choose this major because I always had an interest in the health field.

One of my biggest concern is not getting into the PT program, which requires a GPA 3.7. My plans is to go strong and do my best at all my required assignments.

Food and Nutrition Club Newsletter