Introduction

Click here to view my Capstone e-Portfolio

My name is Genesis Rivas. Currently on my journey to becoming a nurse. I didn't always know that I wanted to take this path, actually I had no idea of what I wanted to become, never really put much thought to it until the ending of my senior year of high school. That was when I realized that I had to begin to think about my future because I didn’t want to spend my early college years taking classes that wouldn’t count towards the major that I would eventually choose. I began to wonder, and ask myself what it was that I wanted to spend my life doing. Although I was lost at first, didn’t really know what career choice to make, or what would be right for me, the one thing that I did know was that I loved caring for others, I loved the feeling that I got after being able to make someone else's day a bit better. And so I knew that in order to be content in my decision, I had to find a career that would fulfill that for me. That's when I began to do some research and came across the field of nursing; I fell in love with everything that the job has to offer! I read about the amazing opportunity that nurses get to save lives, and bring smile and joy to others, that I quickly decided that this was for me. I also read about the stress that comes along with the job, but I decided not to let that stop me from getting the privilege, and honor to help others. From then on I decided that I couldn't see myself doing anything other than just that, and I’ve been working towards accomplishing my goals ever since.