Hi ! I am Hafsa Tahir and I am a Liberal arts student at LaGuardiaMy major is Social science and Humanities: International Studies Option. I enjoy working for society and humanity and one day I wish to join United Nations, hopefully. To me studying in college especially in LaGuardia has been an amazing experience. I got into ASAP program and was accepted as LUCE Scholar which encouraged me to work hard. I believe I have access to all the tools available in Laguardia which leads me to a four year college and also builds my personal intellect. College environment is so motivating to me and one day it will surely lead me to a right course. College has a lot to offer me in terms of transfer and scholarship resources. It gave me chance to volunteer and partcipate in campus to volunteer and aparticipate in campus co corricular activities. I visited Lincoln Center and watched Broadway show through college which are my most memorable collge moments now.

As a Student Success Mentor (SSM) and teaching e portfolio in studio Hour I have now gained a good amount of information on what LaGuardia offers student its students. I would encourage students to embrace all opportunities with open mind and  open arms.With my experience I would like to help students build their success path and make their first semester experience meaningful and exciting. To me helping people and helping those improving their life provides me immense satisfaction and it is definitely something which would make me proud. One of my favorite quote which resonates with me is by Deep Roy  who says, "Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen".