Introduction                  

Thank you for visiting my ePortfolio.  My name is Heebeom Yang. I am a student at LaGuardia Community College. My Major is accounting.

The primary purpose of creating my portfolio is to demonstrate to potential employers my skills and competencies. It shows, categorizes, and evaluates work and academic samples. I will identify my personal strengths and weaknesses in key skill areas, educational experiences personal influences, interests, personality type and learning styles and values. I want to develop and utilize my own personal career portfolio as a tool for conducting a successful internship or job search.

My general goals are to become a certified public accountant and an international negotiator. In order to achieve these careers, my educational goal is to completed a degree in accounting, combined with communication. I will complete an accounting and communication bachelor’s degree and then pursue a master in business administration.

I have experience at assistant teaching with lesson plans, counseling students in church and teaching- a unit on self-discovery. My interests are speaking in front of a public audience and swimming. I have memorable learning experiences of learning three languages in Malaysia, which are Malay, Chinese and Temmal. Speaking three languages helps me to associate with lots of friends and learn different cultural backgrounds. Experiences at LaGuardia Community College enhanced my skills in accounting knowledge, which are accounting cycle, payroll, partnership, corporation accounting stock transaction, long term liabilities, retained earnings and general accounting. I have a working knowledge of accounting, business and economics. I have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Also I am proficient in math. I achieved my academic success by asking and questioning the professors.  I am always challenging myself and facing new environments to communicate in terms of academic writing and speaking with a variety of people in a multi-cultural society. That is the reason why I came to America ,to complete my degree.

I always believe that I can be more assertive and overcome any obstacles.

For me, my obstacle in the United States is to accept a new identity as a global Citizen in the multi-cultural society. I feel there is not an unbiased person in the world. Therefore, I must recognize that having conflicting cultural traits is not wrong but just different.