Personal Vision

"If you want happiness for an hour ? take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day ? go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year ? inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime ? help someone else."
-Chinese Proverb

The reason I want to go into the Human Services profession is because I feel that there aren't enough helpful people in the field. The social workers I've worked with in the past were never helpful and usually made matters worse because they never really listened to my concerns. Ive also seen the way my friends have been treated by social workers and pretty much disagree with the whole system of how they work. In light of how horrible some workers have been I’ve seen what a real social worker is like and I have seen what proper help should be. Having had such a bad experience with unprofessional workers I feel that I could do a better job, with the proper training,of course.

The Human Services field needs more professionals that are easy going and attentive to the needs of others. Professionals,in my opinion should be easy going and should carry out their work in a way that would make them proud. I feel that with my background I would be an effective social worker. I consider myself to be very open minded and accepting of everyone and everything which I’ve noticed is useful when connecting with people.