My Personal Statement     

Family is the start and end line of my race to achieve my goals. I grew up in an economically incompetent yet full of love environment. My dad had to left our nation, when I was only learning to say “Papa”, in seek of a brighter future for our family. Growing up with my persistent, responsible and hardworking mother and grandmother molded the person I am today. They always had their hands occupied with something. They both taught me to have confidence on my potential and to battle until the end to land where I belong in. With a lot of courage running through my veins, I had and continue to struggle to find my way to the end line, my college degree. As a lost little butterfly without knowing the language or how to get around, I arrived to New York City. I had to become an independent woman. Both of my parents labored long hours plus the stress of adjusting to our new lifestyle and to finally living with my dad after 11 years almost separated our family. I was strong enough to adjust to this life and still get good grades. The upcoming four years in high school were a continuos combat to bright as a star. There I met a helpful hand, Miss Goodman. By being her assistant I realized I wanted to become a Certified Public Accountant. I aimed high by applying to Fordham but wasn’t not accepted. Having my dream crashed didn’t stop me from trying. I enrolled at LaGuardia Community College with enthusiasm to continue earning good grades and be involved in more extracurricular activities to enter my dream school, Fordham University. 

Once in college, I started to make my existence noticeable. By being an accounting intern at Victory2Multimedia and there working at G.N.C Tax Services as an assistant, I reinforced my knowledge and became more certain that it is Accounting the field I want to go into. Plus, I strengthen my communication skills. However, little did I know, an unexpected gift was about to turn my life around. I had to once again be persistent, patient and grow up at a faster pace than expected. My little blessing’s future became the reason for me wanting to reach entrance into Fordham University. Having to take of my baby and keep up with school work taught me time-management  skills the hard way. In my mind, there is always the phrase my beloved mother always says “Behind that hurtful spine that made your heart bleed and the world collapsed, there is also a beautiful flower and a world full of joy”. Having this and the image of my baby smiling in mind help me get through the night running educational errands. This demonstrates that I am determined to accomplish what I want and that no obstacle is big enough for me. I consider myself a responsible. I have transformed into a multitasking person because it is just me, homework and her the whole day. I am working harder than ever to make my dream come true.