I was born and raised in Bronx, NY and currently reside in East Elmhurst, NY. My family is Dominican and of Puerto Rican descent. My interests are reading and music as well as cooking. I used to play the alto saxophone and progressed to learn how to play the drums and the violin.  I currently enjoy playing volleyball and rugby. I am constantly changing my hair from long to short and I’ve dyed it the whole array of colors. Change is inevitable and I believe physically changing allows me to adapt too many different environments and situations.

Growing up in the Bronx was an experience. Our neighborhood was gang and drug ridden so it made me see firsthand how it affects the community as a whole. My apartment building was the central for both so feeling unsafe was common to me. I also attended school in that same vicinity. My mother wanted to keep us close for easier access. This has made my desire to be a law enforcement officer that much stronger. Being around a group of people who live for the streets, as we would say, made me want to not live that lifestyle and understand how much more important education is to make you succeed.

This image source can be found here.