My name is Kateren Mucek, I am currentlly a student at LaGuardia Community College and I am majoring in Fine Arts. After getting my associates at LaGuardia my goal is to continue my education at F.I.T and study Interior Design. Interior Design is a very competitive and successful career, that requires a lot of time and patience.  What I love about this career is its diversity, there are so many different things to memorize and learn such as choosing the appropiate fabrics, colors, materials, fixtures and how to manage business. It is a methodical process that includes establishing a relationship with a prospective employer, extensive research of perfect supplies and also contracting labor. This is definitely not an easy career and business but, whoever said that life was easy.     I think that Interior Design is just another way of bringing art to life and of course learning about business too. Art involves creativity, organization, patience, love and fascination to create new things.

I am a very creative person, who likes to learn different things and not afraid of learning from the best. I want to get as much knowledge and experience from people that are in this field. I hope to get a good internship and learn as much as possible.  The salary for Interior Designers ranges from $22,000 to $60,000 a year. However, if I have my own design firm I can make more than $100,000 to $400,000 annually.

I know money is always a big issue but, I want to do something that I am good at and that I am passionate about. When you are  passionate and love what you do for living that is when you start succeeding in life.  Every career has its ups and downs, I know that the first couple of years would be the toughest years in my career because I would be working for somebody else until i get enough experience and be recognize as a successful Interior Designer.  

I clearly understand that to be an Interior Designer is not an easy job, it requires a lot of work, organization and dedication but, if I do it well, I would find it very rewarding and satisfying.