My name is Kateren, I am currently a student of LaGuardia Community College and my major is Fine Arts. Since I was a little girl I always knew that art was my passion and it was the only way to show my creativity and myself. I always liked to draw and create my own toys with anything that I could find such as clay, newspaper, boxes; etc. When I first emigrated from Peru to the United States, I was a teenager and unsure of going to college and I made the decision  of just work and save money. Years passed by and I was not happy with any of my jobs, I felt like a robot programmed to do the same things every single day, that is when I decided to change my life and enroll at LaGuardia Community College.  This college has a great art program that gives students the proper knowledge of each professor and the courage to learn more and do better.

My experience at LaGuardia Community College has been wonderful, this year would be my last year at LaGuardia college. I still can not believe that I will graduate soon and it will be the end of a wonderful experience studying at this great college.  All the courses that I have been taking every semester have given me the confidence to be myself and show my creative side that I thought it was gone. My goal is to be a successful Interior Designer in the future. This is why I decided that once I graduate from LaGuardia College, I would continue my education at F.I.T. Fashion Institute of Technology. This school has a great Interior Design program that provides knowledge and professional experience to students that want to succeed in life.

I still have a long way to go but this is just the beginning of a bright and better future, I enjoy learning more about my passion and the best thing is to find the creative side that I thought I lost it many years ago.

Kateren's audio.mp3