Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Collette Maynard. I was born in the South American country of Guyana. I am currently attending LaGuardia Community College where I am enrolled in the License Practical Nursing program. I resided there for about thirty years until I migrated to the United States of America. While growing up and attending school, I was intrigued with the science that was being taught, so when I got the opportunity to do a work study stint at the Hospital, I embraced it. While doing so I became fascinated with the process of discovering the many forms of bacteria and the causes. From then on I made it my mission to stay in the health field. I got the chance to do so upon my migration, where I sought employment as a Certified Home Health Aide. I love helping people and it gave me great satisfaction to know that at the end of the day, I can put a smile on someone’s face. As I enter into this next phase of my life, which is The Practical Nursing program, I invite my family and friends to take this journey with me by viewing my academic growth and accomplishments within my E – PORTFOLIO.  Welcome to my E – Portfolio!!!