http://latintrade.com/2013/05/hospitality-turning-on-the-taps

~About Me~ 

Hello, my name is Melissa Skeete and welcome to my E-Portfolio. I am an Alumni at Laguardia Community College and my major is Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Management. I am currently in my 2nd to last semester here. My graduation was June 2014. I was a transfrer student from Technical Career Institute. My major there was Graphic Design. My ultimate goal that I am looking to accomplish here at Laguardia is to earn the knowlegde needed to start my career as Hotel Manager and Event Planner. My I hope to use my extensive expertise in Graphic Design as well in order to make my career goals come to life.

I am currently studying for my Bachelor's in Hospitality at New York City College of Technology. I am taking courses in Workforce Management, Legal Law Environment, Events Management, Hospitality Marketing, & Hotel Sales.  My expected graduation is Spring of 2016.

My goal is to become an experienced and well known professional event planner or sales and marketing director.

My personal accomplishment is being able to overcome my fear of public speaking. I never knew that I had this fear until I was actually in front of my peers executing a presentation. I was able to overcome by fear and earn a high passing grade in the process.

My hobbies and interests are photography, drawing, social media, and technology. I am vice president of my neighborhood watch and development association. It is named HRBS Association (Herkimer St, Rochester Av, Buffalo Av and Suydam Pl)

My most memorable learning experience is becoming exposed to online learning. I find it to be very fun, interesting, and fascinating. I find it to be very convenient especially if you’re an individual who has many other demanding responsibilities in life.

My best learning is having hands on experience. I like to watch my teacher, ask questions and mimic their performance and then eventually mastering my new skill and adding my own style and fines to it

My knowledge, skills and abilities are Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access. I am familiar with Adobe Photoshop. I am en expertise in data entry filing, account management, proof reading, and profiling and customer service. I’ve obtained these skills over the course of an 18 year work history.

The only challenge that I feel that I may face is being able to keep up in today’s market and continuously educating myself and enhancing my skills set to keep my credentials sharp. I would have to expand my network connections in order to remain current in today’s fast paced society.