Hello and welcome to my ePortfolio. My name is Michael Johnson. All of my friends call me Mikey, Mike, or Mike Jr.

While attending Beach Channel High School, I volunteered for our annual Thanksgiving Dinner in order to serve the senior citizens and elderly in the Rockaway Community and others who are in need. I was also in the Yearbook Committee during my senior year. Once I graduate from high school in 2002, I joined the U.S. Army where my Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) was Combat Engineers (21B) not only because of September 11th 2001 attacks in New York and Washington D.C., but to fight for this country so that there would be no more terrorists.

I went to Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri for Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training, also know as One Station Unit Training (OSUT). From there, I was in the military for two and-a-half years and during that time, I was stationed in Germany and went to Iraq during my deployment. This was a memorable experience as I learned so much in the military by travelling to other countries so I could experience the different cultures. One challenge I face in Germany was the currency. It was difficult to understand the exchange rates as we paid so many Euros in US currency that we lost when exchange it back to our currency.

I am currently attending LaGuardia Community College, where I am pursuing my Associate Degree in Computer Technology.  I love LaGuardia because I enjoy participating in the Black Male Initative and as a black man, it helps me to do well academically. As you go through my ePortfolio, where you can view who I am, my current classes, and my resume. So, take a moment to look around. I hope you like it and thank you for your visit. 

Final Eportfolio Reflection