My Best Work

Competency

Evidence

Critical Literacy (written communication,

critical thinking, and critical reading)

Intro to Sociology - This course was important to me not only because it was one of my first favorite classes within my attendance in LaGuardia but because of how thought provoking the Professor was. The following link is a paper I wrote in regards to the fast food industries grip on not only our society but worldwide. 

Culture Jamming Report

Quantitative Reasoning

Elementary Statistics - Elementary Statistics is the second math course I have taken and so far is the most understandable. Not only is this course interesting but it is very true to life in that you can apply the skills learned in statistics to every day situations (for example: calculating your average cost of groceries)

Oral Communication

Linguistics - I enjoyed Linguistics because not only did I learn the origin of language but how it's produced and how it varies from culture to culture. The following link is taken from my part of a group project which was to explain how Dr. Seuss' poem Fox in Sox was phonetically important to a childs understanding of pronunciation and word association.

Fox in Sox by Dr. Seuss

Research and Information Literacy

Humanism, Science & Technology - Here, the course itself LIB200 Humanism, Science and Technology was the most elaborate research paper I have done thus far and I am most proud of. In this research paper, I discussed the affects globalization had on not only myself, but worldwide. How it affected the past, how it's affecting the present and how it will affect the future. 

The Impact of Globalization

Technological Literacy

Humanism, Science & Technology - The following link is an answer to a Discussion Board question in regards to Postman's lecture on technology and how it affects the education system. 

Technopoly