My experience in LaGuardia has been very eye-opening. It has helped pave the way to my future which is to become a dietitian. In my previous ePortfolio, I explained that becoming a dietitian was my second career choice in case going to culinary school, becoming a chef and owning my own restaurant was going to be unsuccessful.  After taking the Fundamentals of Professional Advancement class, I compared my two career paths and realized that becoming a dietitian is the best direction for me.

WHY?

You may be asking why I chose to be a dietitian rather than choose my first career choice; this is because of the current economy. I believe that I will have the most stability as a dietitian. Dietetics is in the medical field and there will always be a high demand of jobs in this field as opposed to demands for being a chef.   But it's not all about money that I chose this career; it's because as a dietitian I will be able to connect my love for food with my love for elping people. I would be able to take care of people that doctors cannot in that a doctor can give people the basic outlines to a healthy diet but a dietitian gives them the hands-on information they need to achieve this healthy diet.

Image by Healthy e Tips