SSY 101 - General Psychology

Status: 3 Credits Completed

Course Description:

This course is an introduction to some of the major fields and theories in the science of psychology, covering a range of topics such as biological foundations, learning, cognition, emotion, perception, theories of personality, psychological disorders and their treatment, and the research methods of psychology.

Photo Credit : WorthPublishers

Course Reflection:Assignment:
During my General Psychology class, I gained an in-depth knowledge on how the human body works. I learned about the father of Psychology, Sigmund Freud and his theory on how the unconscious mind worked. We learned about the Oedipus Complex, which is a psychoanalytic theory that says that a child mind at an early age has sexual feelings towards the mother and hates/wants to kill their father. There is also an Electra Complex which is the same thing but for a female child.I feel that Psychology is a subject that everyone should take to understand the way the mind works.

Psychoanalysis Case Study

Assignment Reflection:
For my Psychology class we got to choose a movie that deals with a certain psychological disorder. Many movies feature psychological disorders to the choices were almost limitless. I choose a very old movie called "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest". It’s a famous movie which I saw many times with my family. It deals with a group of inmates who were mentally ill. It showed a side of society usually not depicted in the movies.