Welcome!

My name is Ralph-Jason V. Comia and I am a LPN student in LaGuardia. Although I was born in the Philippines, I was raised in New York. My interest in becoming a nurse stemmed from my family. My mother is an RN; my father is a CNA; my uncle is also a CNA, and my older brother is an RN. I have a twin, and naturally we both have aspirations of becoming nurses. Although my twin decided to take the 4-year nursing RN program, I decided to take advantage of LaGuardia's LPN program. When I graduate in June 2011, I will be able to work as a LPN while pursuing other careers and education.

I have developed my leadership and management skills through both my educational and my professional career. In high school, I led a robotics team that participated in the citywide Science Olympiad, and received third and fifth place medals. I also led the school’s website team, in which I was responsible in the development of the school’s website, as seen in www.gchs.info. I've worked in a sales environment where I had to provide customer service, manage stocks, and organize planograms. This helped me with time management, organization skills, and communication skills.

Outside of my passion with nursing, I am also a multi-talented individual. I can draw, play two instruments (piano and drums), and I am very proficient in computers.