Welcome 

Hello, my name is Richard Merino and I welcome you to my e-portfolio. As the t-shirts that promote tourism to New York claim, “I Love New York,” I do love to live in New York due to its lovely streets, spectacular bridges and its awesome highways system. Sadly, today’s economy in New York is in its best shape and to get a job may be difficult.

However, this job’s scarcity creates competition and that is what makes getting a job exciting. I have many goals in life, but the first one, after I graduate from LaGuardia Community College, is to transfer to Baruch College, get my bachelor, and finally become a Certified Public Accountant. This is because I want to continue preparing myself and getting new skills to become a strong competitor and be able to get a good job opportunity.

“If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree.” Jim Rohn

This quote expresses a lot about how I think because I certainly believe that we all have the power to change things. We are not an object that cannot move. We can talk, move, think, analyze, study and do whatever we need to do to change things the way they are. The reason I am studying at LaGuardia is because I want to improve my future. Thing are going great, and I am happy that I am, in fact, changing my future.