Art and Design Seminar 

Course description:

Students will engage in self-directed research in the form of written, and creative projects specific to their discipline: Fine Art, Design Art History, or Graphic Illustration. These projects will develop in consultation with the Instructor. Students will develop oral and visual presentations, and participate in class critiques. Art majors will finalize their portfolios, and E-portfolios, made up of representative examples of studio work. As the capstone course in art, this workshop is both writing and reading intensive.

Course Reflection: I am thrilled to take this class! Professor Hugo Fernandez has made this course so interesting and informative. During the semester, we went to MoMa for Björk's art show as a field trip. The book, "Just Kids" is one of our reading assignments, it talks about Patti Smith's persoanl experience and story on her way being an artist. I enjoyed reading it very much. I am also looking forward to the opening of our student art show and my painting is a part of the exhibition.

List of Assignments:

Art in My Life

Reflection: In this ten page essay, I have included my childhood memory, college experience, and artist statement. You will find many interesting stories about me.

Video project of Art and Design Seminar 

Title:Power

Size: 22"x28"

Medium: Acrylic on canvas

Year: 2015