"Sometimes the path you're on is not as important as the direction you're heading."  ~ Kevin Smith

My hope is to graduate from LaGuardia with my AA degree and subsequently pursue my BSW (I'm still undecided on the 4-year college I'm going to transfer to).  I'm also undecided on whether I want to pursue my Masters in Social Work.  I would love to, but as we all know life happens so I'll take it day by day and see where I am a few years down the road.

My dream is to have my degree(s) in hand and work for an organization (most likely non-profit) that will provide ample opportunities for me to work with people who share the same aspirations (e.g., to make a difference in the world), help foster meaningful and rewarding experiences, and nurture and guide me on the road to becoming a positive and influential social worker.  People have asked me why I want to major in social work and not psychology.  The answer is simple:  "psychology teaches me how people work; social work teaches me how to work with people."  Wish I could take credit for that line, but it is not mine.  Though I can't recall who said it, I do thank the woman for saying it as it is an accurate and powerful description of what I want my life to be. 

I believe I can achieve my goals in life if I work hard, stay dedicated, and not lose my focus.  Actually, I believe anyone can.